Leaders aren’t feared, they are respected. A powerful and thoughtful leader drives changes, instead of imposing them.
Who are efficient leaders? Over the years, thousands of theories have been devised. Hundreds of philosophers have defined leadership, and numerous books have been published on leadership theories. However, times have changed. Now people believe in the art of thought leadership. Thought leaders are self-aware. They understand and embrace themselves as much as they value others’ opinions. They inspire people with their uniquely ingenious ideas, and they replicate the scale of their innovations to morph ideas into reality. However, are you a thought leader or just a leader? Let’s find out!
Are you a thought leader?
Are you wondering if you are a thought leader or not? Well, leadership attributes demand perseverance and passion. However, thought leadership comprises of compelling virtues that are distinguished from both personal as well as professional points of view. How? If you are thinking about whether you are a thought leader or not, here are the traits that every thought leader has. Analyze and find out where you belong.
- Adaptability: For one, thought leaders are adaptable to change. Whether it is about a dynamic business landscape or the changing workforce ecosystem, they focus on constant innovation and leadership strategy to cope with everything that is happening in today’s world.
- Empathy: Thought leaders understand that having an idea isn’t simply enough. They must convey their idea to the audience as well as their team in a way that is relatable. So, for thought leaders, empathy is the key to connecting.
- Curiosity: Unlike bosses who demand their team to obey their orders, thought leaders are eager to learn. Instead of being confined within the limiting beliefs of rules and regulations, thought leaders tend to be curious. They work hard to find solutions to problems in the most creative way.
- Enthusiasm: Leading thought leaders are also captivating storytellers who know how to balance their visionary ideas with pragmatic real-life scenarios. When thought leaders are constantly challenged, they adopt an open-minded approach to rise above the noise and make way for themselves.
How to become one?
Do you want to develop your personality as a thought leader? Then:
- Practice active listening and be observant of others.
- Never think that you know too much. No one can know everything and if you want to grow, use curiosity as a tool to gain a different perspective.
- Practice and preach self-reflection. This can enhance your emotional intelligence, competency, and self-control.
- Instead of commanding or coordinating, always be action-oriented. Don’t just issue orders, be a part of the change!
Though the concept of “thought leadership” is relatively new, it is one of the most effective business development methodologies. While being a successful internal organization strategy, thought leadership can also be used by entrepreneurial architects to command the brand conversation and break the marketing noise. So, did you try practicing thought leadership yet?
Team Transformation provides customized coach training and sessions for leaders who want to be part of meaningful changes. Contact us today to know more about our courses and training sessions.