Every company thrives and overcomes ordeals and shortcomings only when there is an equilibrium between employers, employees, consumers, and the community. Having a coordinated team that performs consistently for better productivity is a real treasure for every organization, and for this, several organizations have switched to team coaching.
Team coaching training plays an integral part in forming a sustainable pathway for career-oriented individuals who want to strengthen their team-building and team facilitating skills.
Do you want to be a certified team coach in India? In this blog, you will find all the information on how you can become a team coach in India.
Steps to become a Certified Team Coach in India
There are no governing authorization bodies in the coaching profession. However, independent organizations like the International Coach Federation (ICF), European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC), and Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) gives credentials to coaches. They do not provide coaching training.
ICF being the gold standard in the coaching industry, we recommend obtaining ICF Credential to gain credibility as a professional coach. Here’s a summary of your coaching journey towards becoming a certified team coach:
- For one, choose an ICF/CCE/EMCC accredited team coaching training. Based on your goals, requirements from the training, and your schedule. Here we’ll discuss ICF coaching certification
- After completing your coaching training, you can then start working towards your coaching experience and mentor coaching. This is required only if you want to achieve ICF Credential. Else, you can also start coaching practice. We recommend to go for ICF Credential.
- In ICF coaching certification, credentialing is classified into three levels:
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Master Certified Coach (MCC)
Every credential level has different requirements. For instance, ACC requires you to undergo 60 hours of intensive coach-specific training, while MCC requires at least 200 coach training hours.
- The next requirement is to complete 10 hours of Mentor coaching with an IC accredited coach to gain practical knowledge regarding the field.
- Once you complete your mentor coaching and coaching experience hours, you can apply for the ICF Credential Application. For the ICF Application, you need to submit your coach training certificate (mentioning hours of training), coaching log, and recorded coaching observations for Performance Evaluation.
- After applying to ICF, you will receive a link for completing your Coach Knowledge Assessment (CKA) test. ICF will review your application after this. This may take time from 4 weeks to 14 weeks or more, depending on the credential level and program accreditation.
Did you enroll in any certified team coaching program yet?
Team Transformation Institute provides ICF accredited coach training program for aspiring team coaches, leaders, executives, managers, facilitators, and internal coaches. Team Transformation certified team coaching programs are highly interactive, experiential, and engaging. Visit our Team Transformation Team Coaching Certification page to know more about our programs in detail.
Get in touch with us to know how our coaching programs and services can help you do your best!