Do you need a certification to be an Executive Coach?
Throughout my career, as an executive coach in the UAE, I have come across many peers who have been practicing for years without a formal certificate. So, I am seldom asked this question by aspiring coaches; “do I need an executive coaching certification in UAE to start practicing?” The tricky part is there is no set-in-stone answer to this question. It is more about individual preference and perspective.
However, given the current environment of the escalating demand for executive coaches, especially across organizations, getting a certificate or credential gives you a competitive edge over the others. Besides that, certifications are preceded by extensive training programs that can help you understand and learn the core coaching competencies and Code of Ethics. There are other aspects and benefits of certification as well discussed further in this blog.
What are the benefits of getting certified?
Getting a professional executive coaching certification bolsters and empowers an aspiring coach with the core competencies and skills, enabling them to assist the clients more effectively. It also adds credibility to the professionals’ profile as coaching experts.
An executive coaching certification in UAE makes one eligible to become a member of the global community of certified and credentialed, which not only helps in networking but also gathers insight from the collective experiences of the peers. It also secures a coach’s relevancy in a future where the industry and its norms might become regulated and certifications mandatory.
How to get certified as an Executive Coach?
You can become a certified executive coach in the UAE by enrolling in an accredited program that offers training under the specialization of executive coaching.
The program should be accredited under ICF, EMCC, or BCC, showcasing a comprehensive teaching module that focuses on a multi-step learning process starting from coach-specific training hours to practical sessions under the supervision and final knowledge assessment. A comprehensive and detailed break-up of the process is as follows:
- First, you need to choose the right certification pathway under ICF, EMCC, or BCC.
- It is followed by classroom or online coaching-specific training hours under a credentialed and qualified instructor. The sessions cover the curricular aspects of coaching competencies and the ethical approach.
- Each candidate has to attend 10 hours of mentoring sessions with a credentialed coach. (If you are undergoing an ICF certification program)
- The theoretical sessions are supported by practical coaching sessions and assignments by the candidate, counted under real-life coaching hours with clients. This is later on counted when the coach applies for a credential after certification.
- A thorough assessment of the practice coaching sessions and the assignments are conducted to evaluate the competency of the aspiring executive coach.
- Final knowledge assessment and examination after which a coaching certificate is offered by the concerned institute.
The coach training structure is almost the same as any other, however, the content and approach vary as per the specialization, which in this case is executive coaching.
Getting started with your Executive Coaching Certification in UAE
Are you looking for a credible institute to get trained and certified as an executive coach? Then Team Transformation is just the place for you. Recognized for its diverse range of coaching programs, the organization is one of the premier providers of executive coaching certification in the UAE. They offer both offline and online classes, headed by experienced coaches, which presents an excellent learning environment, not to mention the flexibility to working professionals aspiring to boost their resume by becoming a certified executive coach.