ICF ACSTH – What is ACSTH in Coaching?

As a career, coaching has an astounding number of opportunities for people who wish to explore the field. In coaching, the International Coaching Federation (ICF) is the benchmark for qualitative coaching standards.

ICF is a globally recognized organization dedicated to providing independent certification. It is also a global network of trained coaching professionals, advancing the coaching profession standards. The ICF also offers three pathways for credential – ACSTH, ACTP, and Portfolio. Approved Coaching Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) accreditation is for third-party training providers. Those who want to get their training program accredited by the ICF can opt for ACSTH and ACTP.

In a nutshell, you can say that ACSTH isn’t a certification program for individual coaches. ACSTH accredited programs are “à la carte” coach training programs that may or may not offer start-to-finish coach training.

What are the features of an ACSTH course?

Savvy coaches rightfully know that they need training that has ICF coaching certification or ICF’s stamp of approval. Having an ICF ACSTH accreditation means that the coach training program has gone through rigorous requirements. It also means the course has met and probably surpassed the benchmark for being well-equipped coaching.

An ACSTH program should have at least 30 student contact hours. At least 80 percent of all training must focus on ICF core competencies and delivered in synchronous activities. The rest 20 percent of the training can be delivered asynchronously and based on the subjects that aren’t invariably and implicitly related to the ICF core competencies. As a part of the portfolio application, there is an exam for the budding coaches. Besides, ACSTH coaching programs should provide a minimum of 5 observed coaching sessions. Written feedback is also mandatory for three of the five coaching sessions.

Advantages of opting for ACSTH Coaching training program

There are several perks of enlisting for the ACSTH training program. For example:

  • As compared to the ACTP program, the ACSTH program is more manageable to get a certification.
  • The credentialing process after the completion of the coaching hours is shorter.
  • You can update your skillset, and you can customize your training to fit your exact preferences.

ACSTH has a way lot more advantages to offer. To know more, get in touch with us.

The bottom line

Trainees who complete all of their training hours through an ACSTH program can apply for an ICF credentialing for ACC and PCC. Team Transformation provides ICF ACSTH coaching programs for executives, managers, leaders, professionals, and organizations. With Team Transformation, you can learn to blend coaching with your existing roles and create powerful shifts on organizational levels.

Are you looking for ICF ACSTH coaching program? Contact us to know more about our coach certification programs.


Invest in the Best Team Coach Certification.
Save upto 20% now! Share details to get started